Thursday, November 11, 2010

Why?

Why does my little one have to be sick again?  Max had a fever on Monday, but he got over it quickly.

Now, Ben has whatever it is that Max had.  Ben woke up about 8:30 last night crying for what we thought was no reason.  He could not tell us what was wrong.  Matt thought he felt a bit warm so we gave him some IB.  At 4 AM this morning, Ben, again, woke up crying not knowing why.  I took his temperature and he was at 101.2.  I thought that it might have been elevated because he had been sleeping under all the blankets. I cuddled him back to sleep.  Then he woke up at 5:15....Matt got in bed and cuddled him to sleep that time.  At 6:15 there was no getting him back to sleep.  He wanted to lay on the couch with me.  So, we laid there and I held him while he cried.   7 AM came around and I knew I needed to get him some IB....I took his temperature then and it was 102.2.  I got a cold wash cloth to put on his head and then a glass of ice water.  He started whimpering again. So, I took his temp again about 30 minutes later and it has gone up to 102.9.  I put the little guy into a cool bath and he seemed fine.  He actually told me it was cold, but wanted to play with his toys.

He has been up and down the rest of the day.  I did get his temp down to 98.8 for a period of time, but by 12:15 it was back up.  Poor little guy has not eaten much and just wants to be held.  He rarely falls asleep in the living room.....today he was out cold in my lap.  I put him in his bed and he has been asleep for more than 2 hours now.  I went in to check on him a little while ago and his temp seemed to be coming down, but I gave him some Tylenol just to be safe.  He woke up, looked at me and then went right back to sleep.

I am so happy that it seems to be coming down.  I am just happy that there is not one sign of breathing problems.  I really don't want to see that happen.  I can handle the fever and anything that comes with, but the breathing problems will send me over the edge again.  Keep your fingers crossed that we can kick this in the butt quickly and we can make it without breathing problems.

God, I thank you for all that you have given me.....but please...hold my baby in your hands and take care of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment