Monday, November 29, 2010

burst of energy

When we woke up this morning it was bitter cold and there was a light sprinkling of snow on the ground.  Max had a fever, snotty nose and a cough.  Ben just had the snotty nose and cough.  I decided that it was best if we all stayed in and stayed warm.

Since we were stuck in the house while a blistering wind blew outside, we decided to make it look a little like Christmas.  Matt went out of town for work this morning, but we put the tree up anyway.  We had to clean and clean (pick up toys mostly) to make room for the tree.  It took me about 1 1/2 hours to get it up and all the branches pulled out right.  Then it was time to get the ornaments out for the boys to put up.  They were so excited, I had to keep reminding them to wait for me to give the ornament to them.  After all the ornaments were up (minus the ones we saved for Daddy to put on the tree) it took me a good 20 minutes to move them around so they were not all on the bottom of the tree.  LOL.

Since we have been working so hard to get the basement finished, I have had to do some scrapbooking upstairs.  It took me a long time to get that all cleaned up.  Then is was onto the rest of the mess.  I left the house looking like a hurricane had come through when we left.  My laundry room is right in the hallway as you come into the house.  As much as I like having the washer upstairs, it is a pain in the butt.  The laundry was finished before we left last week, but piled up before it could get put away.  After finally getting that put away, I managed to get the boys to get all the toys picked up and then vacuum.  The hallway (which is really part of the living area) and the living room, Ben's room and Max.s rooms are all cleaned up.  Presentable in a Martha Stewart kinda way.  Makes me happy, but very tired.

I did get a burst of energy to complete all of this today, but now I am paying for it.  My right shoulder (the bad one) feels like it is on fire.  I am sure that more than once today, I pulled on it hard enough to dislocate it.  Fingers and wrists are not doing so well either, but I felt the need to write despite the pain.  Both hips are painful to, but it is time to play cars with the boys.  I have got to learn how to live with the pain and keep it managed.  Right now all I want to do is sit here and cry.  After a short time playing with the kids, I will have to make dinner.  Thank goodness we ordered Chinese last night and we have enough for dinner tonight.  No cooking required.

Tomorrow it is onto the kitchen that looks like it exploded.  Then the dining room that contains all the elements which were required to complete the blanket for Maggie.  Again, the craft room in the basement is not ready for me, so I took over the dining room to work.  Really need to get that done so we can eat at the table in there and not in front of the TV in the living room.

I know it is not the beginning of the year yet, but I am making my resolution now.  I would like to start living my life more like a Martha Stewart magazine.  I know that it will take daily up keep after I get to that point.  It is hard for me to do things each day, but maybe after it becomes a routine and my body gets some muscle memory it will be easier.  Today the challenge is to make sure this room stays the way it is until tomorrow and then the next day and the next.  Onto the kitchen tomorrow.  I have to clean, but also do some rearranging.  My mother-in-law bought a toaster oven for me and I need to find a place for it. (Thanks Rita, it is perfect.)

Wish me luck and great sleep tonight.  I will need another burst of energy to get through tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment