Thursday, October 27, 2011

Smart Little Kid

So I realize that everyone thinks they have the greatest kid.  Well, Max my not be the greatest, but he is well on his way to being the smartest.  I am so proud of him.

Last week we had his parent teacher conference and it was so awesome. He is way above average in reading.  My little first grader is reading at a 4/5 grade level.  Max loves reading and has an amazing memory. He comes out with things that I am clueless as to where they came from and when I ask, he tells me he read it.  It is great.

When he brings his math homework home for us to do, he whips right through it.  He picks up on things so quickly.  He has been in school for about 3 months and has progressed quickly.  Started by adding single digits and counting single digits.  Now he counts by 2, 3, 5, and 10's and adding 2 and 3 digits.  Won't be long until he is multiplying....I did not learn that until 3rd grade.

While the horrible school district has told the teachers that they are not to "focus" on teaching science and social studies, Max has been able to pick up on all the subject matter he is reading.  So, while they are not teaching him science and social studies, Max is picking up so much.

I am as proud as a peacock of my little 1st grader.  Amazing little man...I hope we can keep him on this road.  He loves learning and I really want him to continue to love it and want to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment